Durban – Mariannhill SAPS are appealing to the community for assistance in locating a 30-year-old Sandile Mdumazeni Xaba who went missing from his home at Thornwood in Mariannhill. Sandile Mdumazeni Xaba went missing from his home since 16 February 2020. He was last seen by his partner and he is deaf.
We are appealing to anyone who can assist with information with regards to his whereabouts to contact the investigating officer, Detective Warrant Officer Sithebe on 078 496 1527 or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.
Reporting of a Missing Person
When a person goes missing, it is of the utmost importance for the SAPS to fulfil our mandate to serve and protect the citizens of South Africa. It is essential to take steps and start the investigation into a missing person’s case immediately. You can assist the SAPS when reporting a missing person by following these steps:
THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD TO REPORT A MISSING PERSON!
Report a missing person at your nearest police station immediately.
- Produce a recent photograph of the missing person, if possible.
- Give a complete description of the missing person’s last whereabouts, clothes that they were wearing, as well as any information that can assist the investigating officer.
- Complete and sign a SAPS 55(A) form. This form safeguards the SAPS from hoax reports and indemnifies the SAPS to distribute the photograph and information of the missing person.
- Obtain the investigating officer’s contact details, and send any additional information that might become available.
- If a missing person is found or returns voluntarily, inform the investigating officer immediately. A SAPS 92 form must be completed to inform the Bureau of Missing Persons that the missing person’s report can be removed from the circulation system.
Let us be vigilant and work collectively to keep families together and safe.