Doing last minute Christmas shopping? #SaferFestiveSeason Tips to keep your cash and personal belongings safe.
Criminals love the holidays as much as everyone else, especially because it’s an opportune time for crime.
* Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings.
* Park in a well-lighted area, and double check making sure to lock the car, be mindful of remote jammers, close the windows, and lock your shopping bags and gifts in your vehicle’s boot.
* Avoid carrying large amounts of cash; pay with a debit or credit card whenever possible.
* Deter pickpockets and handbag-snatchers. Don’t overburden yourself with shopping bags. Be extra careful with your personal belongings such as handbags and wallets. Carry your wallet or handbag close to your body, closing it properly, not leaving it dangling by the straps. Avoid leaving it unattended in your shopping trolley. Put your wallet in an inside coat or front pants pocket, not in the back pocket of your trousers where it is visible.
* Shopping with kids? Teach them to go to a store clerk or security guard if you get separated.